PhD Admissions in ARIES, 2020 (Registration is closed)
Students with M.Sc Physics are invited to apply for Junior Fellowship programme of ARIES leading to PhD. Students admitted to the Ph.D. programme are initially offered a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The JRF joins the PhD programme after successful completion of the course work. On completion of two years as a Junior Research Fellow, a student is offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) after an assessment. The total tenure of the fellowship may not ordinarily exceed five years, inclusive of the course work. Once a student submits the thesis within five years, an enhanced fellowship amount may be given for a further period of one year.
Fellowship: Rs 31000/- per month (JRF); Rs 35000/- per month (SRF).
Minimum qualification for PhD interviews at ARIES:
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from an UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2018. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as on July 1, 2020 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1992). Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have qualified JEST-2020 in Physics -OR- CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2018/19) -OR- GATE - 2019/GATE -2020 qualified in Physics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences -OR- having INSPIRE fellowship. Candidates having INSPIRE fellowship and haven't qualified NET/GATE/JEST examination are also eligible for PhD interviews at ARIES.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in JEST/GATE/CSIR,UGC-NET and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not guarantee a call for the interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.