Short-term Drupal Web Developer
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) invites Online-application for One (01) WEB DEVELOPER purely on temporary basis for a short period.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected Web Developer will mainly be responsible for:
- Updating and maintaining ARIES website on a daily basis.
- Responsible for detecting and fixing bugs in the institute website.
- Understanding the requirements and creating nodes/block contents accordingly.
- To develop custom themes/modules as per the requirement.
- Designing banners/templates/logo/advertisements or other interactive elements.
- Adding features and enhancements in the web pages to ensure an appealing, functional, and intuitive implementation.
- Research and install modules to meet project requirements
- Managing concurrency and security in the website.
- Contributing to the Intranet/e-Admin web page and forms creation
- Creating new content and updating old content on websites.
- Any other technical tasks related to the website as per the requirement.
- BA/B.Sc./BCA/ Engineering Diploma or higher
Minimum one (01) or two (02) years of hands-on experience in the Drupal-based web Content Management System (CMS). The candidate must have handled/sound knowledge of the following:
- Proficient in Drupal 8, including custom module development, key contributed modules, and core API
- Handled the maintenance and administration of Drupal websites.
- Knowledge of PHP, theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layers.
- Expertise with Theme, Webform, Composer, Drush (Drupal command-line tool), and Twig.
- Able to customize and tweak forms, core, themes without altering core files but by using template or custom modules.
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into the existing systems.
- Familiarity with the databases like MySQL, MSSQL, PostGRE, etc.
- Experience of handling Web pages both in English and Hindi formats
- Strong knowledge of Drupal 8 and its upgrades/migrations.
- Knowledge of key Drupal APIs.
- Good knowledge of image/photo editing using Adobe ImageReady, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc.
- Knowledge of the debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Acquia Certification
- Knowledge of CodeIgniter
- Should have excellent written communication skills (English & Hindi)
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Terms & Conditions
- Tenure: Initially for the period of One (01) years with scope of extension depending upon the performance and requirement
- Monthly Emolument: Rs. 20,000 + HRA as per the Central Government norms applicable for Nainital.
- Termination: Director, ARIES reserves the right to terminate the engagement/contract at any stage in case of impropriety, misconduct, breach of conditions, irregular attendance or poor quality of performance.
- Posting: The selected candidate can be posted either in Nainital or Haldwani office location.
- All other Terms & conditions shall be governed as per the Institute norms.
Procedure to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply through the ONLINE mode only
- Last Date for Application Submission:
31 Jan 202128 Feb 2021
- Candidate have to upload the scanned copies of all the supporting documents asked in the Online Application Form.
- Applications forwarded through any other means like by post, fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Procedures for Selection
- The screened candidates will be called for an online Interview in which they will be screened for communication, interpersonal, and work-related technical skills.
- Based on the performance in the Interview, the selection of Web Developer will be made.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate has to produce all the original mark sheets, experience certificates, and other relevant documents, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
The Application submission for CSIP is closed now.
Based on the performance in the interview, following candidate has been selected for the post: Web Developer(Short Term)
1. Vartika Johari (D/o Mr. Rajiv Johari)
Further communication will be made to the above selected candidate in due course of time.