Details Related to System Administrator Post
Project Associate – I (System Administration – 01 post)
Qualifications and skill-sets:
- B.E./B.Tech (Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/Computer Technology/ Information Technology)/ Master’s in computer application (MCA) from a recognized Institution/University
- Good knowledge of working, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Linux and Windows Servers/ Workstations, and MacOS system
- Technical expertise in MySQL and PostgreSQL Database
- Good understanding of Server hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/High-Performance Computing (HPC)/AWS and Cloud Servers.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will mainly be working on server administration and data management activities, including:
- Designing and implementing databases whenever required.
- Managing and handling the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), High-Performance Computing (HPC) servers, and Amazon Cloud services as per the requirements.
- Manage physical and cloud network storage.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions related to the Servers.
- Get involved in developing policies and procedures for maintenance, security, administration, and use of high-end servers.
- Apply logical and orderly analysis processes to troubleshooting and solving operational servers and peripheral equipment problems.
- Performing data backups as per the requirement.
- Applying OS updates, and configuration changes.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Conducts testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure components.
- Maintains incident logs for all monitored servers and keeps them up and running.
- Develop training materials and procedures and provide informal and formal training to users on system implementation and operations.
- Other works as required from time to time.