Integrated M.Tech.- Ph.D (Tech.)
Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D (Tech.) Programme
We have initiated the Integrated M.Tech- Ph.D (Tech.) programme in Astronomical Instrumentation in collaboration with Department of Applied Optics and Photonics, University of Calcutta (CU) at ARIES. The Degree will be awarded by the University of Calcutta. The duration of M.Tech course work will be of 2 years divided into 4 semesters. After successful completion of the M. Tech course a student can opt for registration for Ph.D (Tech.) programme, subjected to a selection procedure and minimum cut-off grade.
Application Process for admission in the integrated M-Tech-PhD programme (2022)
Selection to this programme will be through an interview during the end of May or beginning of June, 2022 (tentatively). The mode of the interview (either online or offline) will be decided later depending on the COVID19 situation. Online applications will be open from 8th of April, 2022.
- M.Sc./BE/B-Tech with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from an UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc/BE/B-Tech. on or after 2020. Students who are appearing in M. Sc./BE/B-Tech final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc./BE/B-Tech qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as on July 1, 2022 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1994). Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics / Electronic Science / Applied Mathematics /Applied Physics (2020/21) -OR- GATE - 2021/GATE -2022 qualified with percentile greater than 95%.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/CSIR,UGC-NET and BE/B-Tech/M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not guarantee a call for the interview.
Online application is mandatory for the the applicants.
- Online Application. (To be open on 8th of April, 2022)
- Deadline for online application submission: 1200 Hrs, 29th April, 2022 20th May, 2022.
- Declaration of the list of screened applicants: 1200 Hrs, 8th May, 2022
- Date of interview (tentatively): End of May or beginning of June, 2022
- Result of Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D. (Astronomical Instrumentation) Interview 2022
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Nainital -263 002
E-mail: indra [at] aries [dot] res [dot] in