Advt. for Senior Project Associate (Engineering)
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) invites Online- application for the post of Senior Project Associate (Engineering).
Aditya-L1 mission is India's first dedicated spacecraft mission to study the Sun. It will enable a comprehensive understanding of the dynamical processes of the Sun and address some of the outstanding problems in solar physics and heliophysics. As a joint effort of ISRO and ARIES, the Aditya-L1 Science Support Cell (AL1SC) has been set up in ARIES to act as a community service centre for the guest observers in preparing science observing proposals and analyzing science data. This support cell provides tools and documentation required to understand, download and analyse the data.
Objectives of the position:
- Lead, develop, and implement novel data analysis tools including backend and frontend development of webpage, database, and web applications (GUI etc).
- Work synergistically with computer and scientific team of AL1SC for the development and implementation of web applications and tools on the AL1SC webpage.
- Support AL1SC team activities including conferences organised by AL1SC and other science operations of AL1SC.
Terms and Conditions:
- Doctoral Degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognised university or equivalent. Degree should be awarded to the candidate. OR
- Master’s degree in computer science or MCA or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognised University or equivalent and four years’ experience. Degree should be awarded to the candidate.
- Skill Set:
- Must have experience in using Python Django development.
- MySQL/PostgreSQL Database, SQL programming
- Content Management System
- Setup Python virtual environment & install packages as per the requirement
- Tenure:Initially for the period of One (01) year with an option to extend subject to the satisfying performance
- Monthly Emolument: Rs. 42000 + HRA.
- Upper Age Limit:40 years
- Posting:The selected candidate will be posted at ARIES office locations (Haldwani or Manora Peak, Nainital).
- All other Terms & conditions shall be governed as per the Institute norms.
Additional terms and conditions:
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify, withdraw or cancel any communication made to the Applicants.
- All further amendments/corrigendum, clarifications, communication, etc. if any, related to this Advt. shall be published only at ARIES website. Candidates should regularly check at ARIES website for latest updates on this Advt.
- Mere possessing the essential qualification will not entitled any candidate a right to be considered eligible for the post.
- All educational/professional/technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University.
Procedure for selection
- Candidates have to apply online using the link posted at the ARIES website
- The screened candidates will be called for an Interview in which they will be screened for interpersonal, work-related technical and scientific knowledge and communication skills.
- Based on the performance in the Interview the selection will be made.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate has to produce all the original mark sheets, experience certificates, and other relevant documents, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
All enquiries related to this position can be made to Dr.Vaibhav (E-mail: email@example.com)