Internal Complaints Committee against Sexual Harassment
ARIES is committed to provide a safe and dignified working environment to all its employees. In this regard, ARIES have constituted the 'Internal Complaints Committee against Sexual Harassment' in accordance with the 'The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013' of the Government of India for redressal of complaint made by any employee of ARIES regarding sexual harassment by a co-employee.
The following are the members of the committee:
|Dr. Snehlata, Scientist E||Chairperson||sneh[at]aries.res.in|
|Mr. Ravinder Kumar, Registrar||Member||ravinder[at]aries.res.in|
|Mrs. Khanchan Bhandari, Vimarsh (NGO)||External Member||vimarsh.info[at]gmail.com|
|Mrs. Hansa Karki, Personal Assistant||Member-Convener||hansa[at]aries.res.in|
The committee will meet and organise various activities for creating awareness about sexual harassment, gender equality and sensitization of staff members from time to time.
Past activity: Awareness program on the “Sexual Harassment Act”
Some Useful Links
- The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
- National Commission for Women
- Uttarakhand State Commission for Women
- Vimarsh (NGO)
- Working Group for Gender Equity (WGGE) - Astronomical Society of India
- The Gender in Physics Working Group (GIPWG) of the Indian Physics Association
- Discussing Gender Equity in the Indian Astrophysics Community - a paper on WGGE in "Physics News"
- The Hyderabad Charter for Gender Equity in Physics
- Gender equality - United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Women's Day special issue of 'Resonance - Journal of Science Education'
- Gender Issues - A Springer Link Journal