Manish K. Naja
Atmospheric Science Division (https://www.aries.res.in/index.php/research/atmospheric-sciences)
Personal webpage (Maintained by individual)
- ISRO ATCTM project
- ISRO ARFI project
- ARIES ST Radar (wind profiler)
- ASM-UTLS field campaign at ARIES, Nainital (jointly with IITM, Pune and ETH, Switzerland) contribution to the StratoClim (http://www.stratoclim.org/)
- Sustainable Atmospher for the Kathmandu Valley (SUSKAT) multinational field campaign
- RAWEX-GVAX (Ganges Valley Aerosol Experiment)
- Greenhouse Gases Observing SATellite (GOSAT) program
- Indian Ocean Experiment (INDOEX) : International field campaign
Research Interest and Description
- Ground based, balloon-borne and ship-borne observations of trace gases, aerosols and meteorological parameters in the lower atmosphere
- Regional air-pollution and intercontinental transport
- Regional and box modeling
- Tropospheric studies from satellite data
- Air quality and climate change
- Wind profiling
ORCID - Google Scholar
- Jaiswal Aditya, D. V. Phani Kumar, S. Bhattacharjee, Manish Naja (2020) Estimation of turbulence parameters using ARIES ST Radar and GPS radiosonde measurements: First results from the Central Himalayan region, Radio Science, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019RS006979.
- Rawat Prajjwal, Manish Naja, Pradeep K Thapliyal, Shuchita Srivastava, Piyush Bhardwaj, Rajesh Kumar, Samaresh Bhatacharjee, S Venkatramani, S N Tiwari, Shyam Lal (2020) Assessment of vertical ozone profiles from INSAT-3D Sounder over the Central Himalayas, Current Science.
- Hema Joshi, Manish Naja, L M David, Tarun Gupta, M M Gogoi, S S Babu (2020) Absorption characteristics of aerosols over the central Himalayas and its adjacent foothills, Atmospheric Research, 233, 104718.
- Srabanti Ballav, Manish Naja, Prabir K Patra, Toshinobu Machida, and Hitoshi Mukai (2020) Assessment of spatio-temporal distribution of CO2 over greater Asia using the WRF–CO2 model, Journal of Earth System Science, 129, 80 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12040-020-1352-x.
Last Updated on : Feb 10, 2021 - 10:34 am