I have done my PhD in 2008 (ARIES) in the field of open star clusters and then did my post docs at University of Valparaiso (Chile) and INAF, Arcetri, Florence (Italy) for ~3 years. I am faculty member at ARIES since May 2010 in ARIES. My main research interest is in the field of star formation. Recently, I have been also working in instrumentation projects such as development of Optical-NIR spectrograph (TANSPEC) for 3.6m DOT. I am also coordinating other NIR imager (TIRCAM2) on 3.6m DOT. I am also involved in the operations of 3.6m DOT and 1.3m DFOT.
Research Interest and Description
I have been involved in five different research projects i.e.
i) Star formation and stellar evolution studies,
ii) Variability studies in open clusters,
iii) Time domain photometry/ spectroscopy of low-mass pre-main sequence stars,
iv) Lunar ocultation observations of late type stars from ARIES 1.3m/3.6m telescope,
v) Polarimeteric studies of young star forming regions.
1. The disintegrating old open cluster Czernik 3; Saurabh Sharma, Arpan Ghosh et al., 2020, MNRAS, 2020arXiv200804102S (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020arXiv200804102S/abstract)
2. Further milliarcsecond resolution results on cool giants and binary stars from lunar occultations at Devashtal; Andrea Richichi, Saurabh Sharma et al., 2020, MNRAS, 2020arXiv200803459R (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020arXiv200803459R/abstract)
3. Probing the Physical Conditions and Star Formation Processes in the Galactic H II Region S305; Lokesh K. Dewangan, Saurabh Sharma et al., 2020, ApJ, 898, 172 (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020ApJ...898..172D/abstract)
4. Unveiling the Physical Conditions in NGC 6910; Harmeen Kaur, Saurabh Sharma et al., 2020, ApJ, 896, 29 (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020ApJ...896...29K/abstract)
5. Variable stars in the Sh 2-170 H II region; T. Sinha, Saurabh Sharma et al., 2020, MNRAS, 493, 267S (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020MNRAS.493..267S/abstract)
Last Updated on : Jun 10, 2021 - 4:19 pm