Advertisement for the Postdoctoral Position under AL1SC project
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) invites Online- application for the postdoctoral position under the Aditya-L1 support cell.
Aditya-L1 mission is India's first dedicated spacecraft mission to study the Sun. It will enable a comprehensive understanding of the dynamical processes of the Sun and address some of the outstanding problems in solar physics and heliophysics. As a joint effort of ISRO and ARIES, the Aditya-L1 Science Support Cell (AL1SC) has been set up in ARIES to act as a community service centre for the guest observers in preparing science observing proposals and analyzing science data. This support cell provides tools and documentation required to understand, download and analyze the data
Objectives of the position:
- Lead, develop, and implement novel data analysis tools including algorithmic development and Artificial Intelligence/ Machine learning tools, their implementation and testing on the synthetic and real data.
- Participate in the fundamental research (observations and numerical simulations) on the initiation and propagation of coronal mass ejections and other coronal transients including coronal jets and MHD waves.
- Support AL1SC team activities including science team meetings, delivering talks and training manpower in the conferences organised by AL1SC and other science operations of AL1SC.
Terms and Conditions:
- Qualification: Doctoral Degree in Physics/Astronomy/Astrophysics from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Skill Set: Must have knowledge of programming with Python/IDL.
- TenureInitially for the period of One (01) year with an option to extend
- Monthly Emolument:as per DST rules
- Upper Age Limit:35 years
- Posting:The selected candidate will be posted at ARIES office locations (Haldwani or Manora Peak, Nainital).
- All other Terms & conditions shall be governed as per the Institute norms.
Additional terms and conditions:
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify, withdraw or cancel any communication made to the Applicants.
- All further amendments/corrigendum, clarifications, communication, etc. if any, related to this Advt. shall be published only at ARIES website. Candidates should regularly check at ARIES website for latest updates on this Advt.
- All educational/professional/technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University.
Procedure for selection
- Candidates have to apply online using the link posted at the ARIES website
- The screened candidates will be called for an Interview in which they will be screened for interpersonal, work-related technical and scientific knowledge and communication skills.
- Based on the performance in the Interview the selection will be made.
All enquiries related to this position can be made to Dr. Vaibhav (E-mail: email@example.com)